I just got word that Bourjois launched a brand new smoky eye, eye shadow palette and it looks absolutely gorgeous. This new arty version of smokey eyes features a topcoat eye shadow with highly concentrated faceted glitter as well as a cream-powder texture with an integrated base shadow primer. The eyes shadow lasts up to 12 hours thanks to the integrated base and blends really well because of it’s cream-powder texture
The palette includes 3 perfectly matched colours to create a beautiful smokey eye, added to this is Light Touch, a new-generation integrated top coat. This transparent veil that contains coordinated glitter gives a soft light touch to the smoky look and illuminates while preserving its colour.
Included as well with this palette is a dual ended applicator with a foam side to blend light and medium shades and a flocked side that allows precise outlining for the darker shade to create an eyeliner effect
Here is a tip straight from Bourjois: “Apply the topcoat as a solid layer over the eyelids for a finely glittery smoky eye, or in small touches on key areas: the inner corner of the eye for light, the arch to open the eyes, the centre of the eyelids to make the iris sparkle, at the roots of the lashes for a flash of shimmer…”
How to use the new Smoky Stories Palette, step by step:
- Prime – Apply the lighter shade just under the arch, to unify and enhance the eyelids
- Shadow – Apply the medium shade on the mobile eyelids to intensify the look
- Define – Apply the dark shade at the roots of the lashes to underline the look
- Highlight – Apply the Light Touch in a solid layer as a topcoat for a delicate glittery smoky look, or in small touches, depending on your mood.
The Smoky Stories palette is available in 4 quartets for all eye colours, day and night.
- 01 Grey & Night: the classic, ultra-stylish grey harmony, enhanced with an immaculate white Light Touch.
- 02 Over Rose: powdery nude harmony with brown pinks, perfect for day and night wear with its pink golden Light Touch.
- 06 Upside Brown: a gradation of elegant browns refreshed by a golden Light Touch for a chic look.
- 08 Ocean Obsession: the unrivaled elegance of navy blue, in three deep shades, becomes even more mysterious with a dark blue Light Touch.
Available at selected Clicks stores countrywide for R149.95
My favourites are Upside Brown and Over Rose, and I can’t wait to get my hands one either one, which one do you like the most ?