Happy Wednesday lovelies. The Urban Decay Naked 3 palette has been reviewed so many times on so many different platforms but I’d still like to share my thoughts on it with you. This was my very first high end eyeshadow palette and I am still smitten with it. In my opinion one of the best purchases I’ve made.
PS. Please excuse the pictures of an already used palette, I wasn’t happy with any of the photos that I took before I dipped into the shades and ended up re-taking them.
About Urban Decay
Urban Decay is beauty with an edge. Feminine, dangerous and fun, it appeals to women who relish their individuality and dare to express it. Urban Decay has been shaking up the industry for over 20 years with their great fun and funky products. Urban Decay is also proudly cruelty free and keeps us on our toes with new must have releases. The new Urban Decay Heat palette is a great example!
About the Naked 3 Palette
The Naked 3 Palette is filled with 12 rose-hued neutrals. From a pale, shimmery pink to a deep black matte with rosy red micro-glitter. The shades has multiple finishes, ultra-smooth mattes, gorgeous pearls and glimmering metallics. Therefor the Naked 3 Palette is a great all rounder and I would recommend it from beginner to expert.
Naked 3 Palette Packaging
The Naked 3 Palette’s pale pink metallic case is really sturdy. The gold finished embossed writing really gives the palette that luxury look and finish. I’ve dropped mine more than once and it was still perfectly fine after. Inside the palette there is a large mirror and a dual ended makeup brush together with the 12 gorgeous eyeshadow shades.
Naked 3 Palette Formula
All of the shadows are nicely pigmented and just glides onto my lids like butter on hot toast. All the shades show up beautifully with one swipe using your fingers or a brush. The shades are buildable and this way you can control the intensity of each shade. You however don’t need to use a lot of product when you apply the darker shades as they pack quite a punch. I find it really easy to blend and together with the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer it stays put for hours.
Naked 3 Palette Swatches
- Strange is a pale neutral pink matte-satin • Nearly the same shade as my skin so doesn’t show up great on the photo below.
- Dust is a pale metallic pink shimmer w/iridescent micro-glitter • One of my favourites.
- Burnout is a light pinky-peach satin.
- Limit is light dusty rose matte • A great transition shade.
- Buzz is a metallic rose shimmer w/silver micro-glitter • One of my favourites.
- Trick is a light metallic pinky-copper shimmer w/tonal micro-sparkle • One of my favourites!
- Nooner is medium pinky-brown matte.
- Liar is medium metallic mauve shimmer • One of my favourites.
- Factory is a pinky-brown satin • One of my favourites.
- Mugshot is a metallic taupe shimmer w/slight pink shift.
- Darkside is deep taupe-mauve satin.
- Darkheart is a smoky black matte w/rosy red micro-sparkle.
On a Side Note
The Urban Decay Naked palettes are available in the original Naked Palette, Naked 2, Naked 3, Naked Smoked, the new Naked Heat, Naked Basics, Naked Basics 2 and Naked Ultimate Basics. If you see anyone advertising Naked 4, 5, 6, 7 palettes, there is no such thing and it’s fake. I’ve even seen naked “pastel” palettes doing the rounds on facebook. If the price is too good to be true, it’s probably fake. Always buy your Urban Decay products from sellers than can proof authenticity, directly from Urban Decay outlets or Foschini’s. These fake products are full of chemicals that can be extremely harmful to your face and eyes.